Homebuyers and homeowners alike understand the value of well-built and beautifully designed kitchens and bathrooms. They are the most desirable rooms when buyers are house hunting, and homeowners always dream of having their perfect kitchen or stunning bath. Kitchen and bath remodeling projects almost always provide a high-return in home value; however, this worthwhile investment doesn’t always require a large allotment of time or money. Whether you’re looking for ways to increase your property value before selling or want to enhance your home for your enjoyment for years to come, check out these kitchen and bath project ideas that are worth the work to beautify your home!
When making updates to the kitchen area, the best tip is to keep the style transitional, which will appeal to nearly every would-be home buyer. This up-to-date look fits wonderfully into most homes but leaves room for new changes as inspiration strikes.
- Redo Kitchen Cabinets – Kitchen cabinets generally set the tone for the rest of the kitchen design. Therefore, outdated and worn cabinets indicate the entire kitchen has been overlooked for too long. Instantly refresh the kitchen by refacing the cabinet doors, or have them painted. White kitchens are simple and elegant and are never out of style. Painting your cabinets white is a safe and universally appealing choice.
- Fresh Paint – Give yourself or potential new owners a blank slate to work from: neutralize bright and bold colored kitchen walls with a classic neutral. A fresh coat of paint in cream, off-white, beige, or even light gray makes the room feel open and new. While these colors are great on their own, it lets new homeowners easily paint over these neutral colors with another to better suit their vision.
- Add Light – New and improved lighting is a must in any kitchen. The right lighting lets the home cook work safely in the kitchen while casting the perfect amount of light for a desirable ambiance. New fixtures coupled with energy-efficient light bulbs immediately transform any kitchen.
It’s much better to put practicality before design when it comes to baths. If your home could benefit from plumbing maintenance projects or adding an extra bathroom, invest your funds there before considering these enhancements.
- New Vanity – A tidy and clean vanity helps keep items organized and acts as a statement in the bathroom. Tastefully crafted cabinets and drawers hide away your personal items while an exquisite stone counter and modern faucet highlight the best details of your bathroom remodel.
- Luxurious Shower – Large and luxurious walk-in showers are highly coveted in a bathroom, especially the owner’s bathroom. Taking out an under-used bathtub also frees up space in the bathroom for other fabulous additions.
- More Storage – Storage is key in any household. Store bathroom linens, extra toiletries, cosmetics, and personal care products conveniently within the bathroom instead of a hallway closet. Some ideas for extra storage include adding a linen cabinet, a recessed medicine cabinet, or trendy open shelving.
Design and Build Your Dream Home with Columbia Builders!
Columbia Builders is the home builder of choice in Howard County, offering homes in Ellicott City, Elkridge, Laurel, Columbia, Marriottsville, Fulton, Clarksville, Dayton, and Brookeville. No matter what the size and scope of your project, we have the skills, experience, and resources needed to bring your vision to life. We offer a level of customization that is truly unmatched and are committed to using materials and craftsmen of the highest quality, so you can trust that your new home is built to last.
If you’re ready to invest in a home, built with your needs in mind, trust in us. Give Columbia Builders a call today at 410-730-0215 or use our contact form here. You can also keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, and Youtube, and don’t forget to check back on our blog for more tips and information!