Red velvet cupcakes are not just your ordinary cake. The red velvet cakes are vanilla cakes made with small portions of cocoa powder. The cocoa powder makes it acceptable and reacts with vinegar giving the cake a red appearance. So, the cakes are soft and creamy, thus the velvet term.
Indeed, the red velvet cupcakes are the all-time favorite holiday cake. The cupcakes can make your birthday party, Christmas holiday, or even valentine’s day a bliss. So, if you are unsure and baffled about what to have during your holiday, the vegan red velvet cupcake is your best friend.
How To Make Vegan Cupcakes
Vegan red cupcake is one of their kind in that it can serve as a jam for both the flashy and the modest persons. The cupcakes are small and fluffy and are made using:
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Wheat flour
- Soy milk
- Red food color
- Salt, baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Cornstarch, buttermilk, and oil.
Step By Step Guide
- Prepare muffin cups with cupcake liners and warm up your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- You’ll want to combine the tablespoon of vinegar and room temperature vegan milk in a jar to curdle and make the buttermilk.
- Next, ensure that you mix all the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Afterward, in a large mixing bowl and whisk them together.
- Add the remaining ingredients(oil, buttermilk, vanilla, red food coloring, and warm milk) to the dry mixture. Next, you’ll want to use an electric mixer to mix the content on medium speed until it is finely combined.
- Combine the vinegar and baking soda in a small bowl, mix the content fairly. Stir into the batter.
- Put the pans in the middle rack in the oven and bake for 18 to 19 minutes.
- Remove the cupcake pans from the oven, let them cool in the pans for about five minutes. Afterward, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a stand mixer to beat butter and cream cheese for two minutes to make the frosting. Be sure to add the vanilla and pinch of salt, powdered sugar, and cornstarch; beat the content until you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes, and garnish it to your satisfaction, and serve.
Design and Build Your Dream Home with Columbia Builders!
Columbia Builders is the home builder of choice in Howard County, offering homes in Ellicott City, Elkridge, Laurel, Columbia, Marriottsville, Fulton, Clarksville, Dayton, and Brookeville. No matter the size and scope of your project, we have the skills, experience, and resources needed to bring your vision to life. We offer a level of customization that is truly unmatched and are committed to using materials and craftsmen of the highest quality, so you can trust that your new home is built to last. Columbia Builders was voted Best of Howard County 2020 for best home builder.
If you’re ready to invest in a home, built with your needs in mind, trust in us. Give Columbia Builders a call today at 410-730-0215 or use our contact form here. You can also keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, and Youtube, and don’t forget to check back on our blog for more tips and information!