When it comes to designing a custom home, one of the key considerations is ensuring sufficient storage space to keep your living spaces organized and clutter-free. Proper storage solutions not only enhance the functionality of your home but also contribute to its aesthetic appeal. A common issue that many people run into when designing their custom home is not ensuring that they have sufficient storage space for everything that they will accumulate over the years they spend in their home.
- Install built-in shelves or cubbies for shoes, bags, and other outdoor essentials.
- Consider a stylish storage bench that doubles as a seating area with hidden compartments.
- If you want to hide away your shoes, coats, and other outdoor wear, a closet by the front door is an option.
- Choose furniture with built-in storage, such as ottomans or coffee tables with hidden compartments.
- Install floating shelves for displaying decorative items and books without taking up floor space.
- Optimize cabinet space with pull-out shelves, lazy Susans, and dividers for efficient organization.
- Consider a pantry with adjustable shelving to accommodate various-sized items.
- Utilize vertical space by installing hooks or racks for pots, pans, and utensils.
- Invest in a bed with built-in drawers or storage space underneath.
- Use bedside tables with drawers or shelves to keep personal items within reach.
- Install a custom closet system with shelves, drawers, and hanging rods for efficient organization.
- Choose vanity cabinets with multiple drawers and compartments for toiletries.
- Install floating shelves or cabinets above the toilet for additional storage.
- Utilize vertical space with wall-mounted baskets or shelves.
- Opt for a desk with built-in storage, such as drawers or shelves.
- Use wall-mounted shelves to keep office supplies organized and easily accessible.
- Consider a filing cabinet or storage ottoman for important documents or other paperwork and necessities.
- Install cabinets or shelves above the washer and dryer for laundry supplies.
- Use bins or baskets for sorting and organizing clothes.
- Consider a pull-out ironing board to save space.
- Invest in outdoor storage solutions, such as deck boxes or sheds, for tools and equipment.
- Use wall-mounted racks or hooks for bikes, gardening tools, and other outdoor items.
- Consider a shed if you have a lot of outdoor items to store, or multiple large outdoor tools and appliances such as lawnmowers, snowblowers, weedwhackers, etc.
Design and Build Your Dream Home with Columbia Builders!
Columbia Builders is the home builder of choice in Howard County, offering newly built homes in all of Howard County. No matter what the size and scope of your project, we have the skills, experience, and resources needed to bring your vision to life. We offer a level of customization that is truly unmatched, taking your dreams and designing and building those dreams into your personalized new home. Columbia Builders has been voted myriad times as Best of Howard County for Best Home Builder.
If you’re ready to invest in a home, built with your needs in mind, trust in us. Give Columbia Builders a call today at 410-730-0215 or use our contact form here. You can also keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter and Houzz. Don’t forget to check back on our blog for more tips and information!