Thank you for being part of Columbia Builders through 2020! If you’re new to our family, we hope that our team can help you achieve your custom home buying goals in 2021. And whether this is your first time hearing about us or you’ve known us during our more than 40 years of service in Howard County, Columbia Builders wishes you a healthy and Happy New Year!
We hope the new year brings a bit of everything good to your life. And to help you to get started, we are sharing recipes for delicious and healthy salads. Health and diet goals are always an important consideration as we commit to new year’s resolutions. We hope you take inspiration from this collection of salad recipes from theclevermeal.com. These are perfect as meals or side dishes. For the following, we’re shining a spotlight on a roasted sweet potato salad that can satisfy!
- 600 – 700 g / 1.2 – 1.4 lb sweet potato , peeled (2 medium)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g / 3.5 oz rocket salad / arugula (~3 handfuls)
- 1/2 cup (70g / 5 oz) pecans
- 1 tsp oil
- 100 g / 3.5 oz bacon , chopped (I used lean)
- 60 g / 2 oz Goats Cheese or Danish feta (Note 1)
Honey Lemon Dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice , fresh
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 430F.
- Cut sweet potato into 1.5cm / 3/5″ thick slices. Cut the larger rounds in half (into semi circles).
- Place in a bowl, drizzle over oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Pour onto a baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then use an egg flip to turn and roast for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place Dressing ingredients in a jar, mix with a teaspoon (to get honey off the base) then shake well until combined.
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes, or until they smell nutty.
- Remove pecans, then heat 1 tsp oil. Add bacon and cook until golden.
- To assemble, place everything in a bowl, reserving some bacon, pecans and goats cheese for garnish. Drizzle with most of the dressing, then toss gently.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with remaining bacon, pecans and goats cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve!
Recipe courtesy of recipetineats.com
Design and Build Your Dream Home with Columbia Builders!
Columbia Builders is the home builder of choice in Howard County, offering homes in Ellicott City, Elkridge, Laurel, Columbia, Marriottsville, Fulton, Clarksville, Dayton, and Brookeville. No matter what the size and scope of your project, we have the skills, experience, and resources needed to bring your vision to life. We offer a level of customization that is truly unmatched and are committed to using materials and craftsmen of the highest quality, so you can trust that your new home is built to last. Columbia Builders was voted Best of Howard County 2020 for best home builder.
If you’re ready to invest in a home, built with your needs in mind, trust in us. Give Columbia Builders a call today at 410-730-0215 or use our contact form here. You can also keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, and Youtube, and don’t forget to check back on our blog for more tips and information!